Saturday 20 August 2011

Barclay's Premier League: Match Predictions

One of our features is predictions for each match every week, and here are our predictions for Saturday's and Sunday's games, and also for the game on Monday.

Saturday's Fixtures

Arsenal vs Liverpool: 1-1
I don't think that both teams will be able to overcome eachother today, Arsenal will really rely on Van Persie and Nasri as they do not have as much talent in their team as they have had due to injuries and transfers.

Aston Villa vs Blackburn: 2-1
I think that Villa will beat Blackburn today, but it will be a close encounter and I feel that maybe it will be a goal in the last 10 minutes that secures it for Villa today.

Chelsea vs West Brom: 3-1
Today, I feel that Chelsea will come out in force and Fernando Torres will show what he really can do and bag a brace. Villa Boas will really need to prove what his Chelsea team can do, and today's game is definetly a chance to do this.

Everton vs QPR: 2-0
Everton will play their first game of the season against a team that lost 4-0 to Bolton on the opening day. Today I think Everton will be the better side and I can't see them conceding at home to QPR.

Sunderland vs Newcastle: 2-1
This game has already kicked off, and I think that it should be a close encounter. I will go with a 2-1 win for Sunderland today in this Tyne-Wear derby.

Swansea vs Wigan: 1-1
This is a big big chance for Swansea to show what they are made of today. They started the season at The Etihad Stadium, a very tough place to go to and lost 4-0. They would've took some positives from that game and they will go all out to win the game against Wigan.

Sunday Fixtures

Bolton vs Manchester City: See match preview when posted.

Norwich vs Stoke: 0-1
Stoke are a very hard team to break down, and play very physically and I believe that Norwich will struggle with this. Stoke will look to win after drawing 0-0 to Chelsea, and will be high in confidence, so I predict a 1-0 win for the away team.

Wolverhampton vs Fulham: 0-0
No-one likes to see them, but I predict a bore draw at The Molineux and I don't expect to see much excitement.

Monday's Fixture

Manchester United vs Tottenham: 1-1
Tottenham will play their first game of the season at a very tough place. However, United are without Vidic and Ferdinand which could make it easier for Tottenham's attack, and I predict a 1-1 draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment