Saturday 27 August 2011

Barclay's Premier League: Match Predictions

One of our features is predictions for each match every week and here are our predictions for this week which see's 6 games on Saturday and 4 on Sunday.



Saturday's Fixtures


Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton: 2-2
With both teams starting the Premier League very well, and occupying a top 4 spot both sides will put up a huge fight in this derby. Overall, I feel both Villa and Wolves will cancel out each other, and I go for a 2-2 draw.


Blackburn vs Everton: 1-2
Both teams have had a fairly poor start to the Premier League campaign, having both lost 100% of their games. Each team will have to go out and fight for this one, and I think that Everton might scrape this one.


Chelsea vs Norwich: 3-1
Chelsea haven't had the best of starts in the Premier League, and currently occupy 6th in the table. They will really want to come out on top of the Premier League new boys today but it won't be easy, so I predict a 3-1 victory.


Liverpool vs Bolton: 3-2
Again, both sides had a bright start to the season so it should be a close encounter. Bolton lost 3-2 at home to City last week and will want to rebound from that, but it will be hard at Anfield and I predict that they will lose 3-2 again.


Swansea vs Sunderland: 0-1
Both teams have picked up 1 point out of 6 in their opening two games in the Premier League, and I predict a quite boring game so therefore I choose 1-0 win for Sunderland.


Wigan vs QPR: 0-0
Joey Barton will not make his Premier League debut for QPR, and it will be tough for both sides. I think it will be quite a boring game, without any excitement and I predict a 'bore draw'.


Sunday's Fixtures


Manchester United vs Arsenal: 3-0
Arsenal have now lost 2 of their best players, and I really can't see them providing much quality at Old Trafford.  Therefore I feel United will hammer Arsenal, as they will lack creativity and come out 3-0 victors.


Newcastle vs Fulham: 2-0
Newcastle has had a good start to the season, whereas Fulham haven't. Newcastle have lost Joey Barton to QPR, but I can't see that stopping them today so I predict they will win 2-0 at St James Park.


Tottenham vs Manchester City: 1-3
City have started the season brilliantly, having scored 7 in their first 2 and I can't see this stopping. White Hart Lane can be a tough place to go to but Manchester City are a tougher team to face, and with the introduction of Samir Nasri I see Tottenham having no chance (also see match preview when posted).


West Brom vs Stoke: 1-0
Stoke will be fatigued from their Europa League games early on, and they played in mid week. I think progression in the Europa League could halt Stokes progress in the Premier League, and I feel they might lose to West Brom at the Hawthorns.





No comments:

Post a Comment